Churches

ANZ baznica.640jpg
    Andzeļmuižas Svētā Jāņa Kristītāja Romas katoļu baznīca
 

Okras-baznica
Okra Roman Catholic wooden church was built in 1819.

Dagdas baznica logo

     Dagda St. Trinity Catholic Church

The church was built in honour of Holy Trinity in Corinthian Baroque style in 1741. It was built by the landlord Jans Augusts Hilzens (1702-1767). There are three magnificent stone altars with cornices and pilasters.

Dagdas v.bazn

     Dagda Pokrov St. Nicholas Old Believers churchis

The building is not a cultural-historical monument, but the inner furnishings and holy things of the church are of great value. Working hours: on request.

dagda.p.bazn

     Saint Nicholas The Miracle – worker Orthodox Church
The building started to be built in 1914. The idea to build the church belongs to the priest Nikonors Trubeckojs, as at that time there were no churches in the hamlet, but the number of believers was over four hundred. In July 7, 1915 the church was consecrated. Unfortunately, that building did not survive to our times.

 

Andrupenes-baznica-logo

     Andrupene St. Virgin Maria Roman Catholic Church
The church and the parish existed already since the beginning of the 18th century. The chancellery reports of Vitebsk governor of 1854 tells that the present brick church was built in the place of the burnt one.

Asunes-baznica-logo

     Asune Roman Catholic Church of Honoring of the Holy Cross.

First church in Asūne was built in 1680 with the help of Jesuits. Money for this purpose was donated by king of Prussia John III. Asūne congregation church of saint Cross exaltation vas consecrated in 1819.

Beresnu-bazn

     Bresne Congregation Church of Saint Anna – Bresne wooden chapel was built in 1805. Until the year 1924 that was chapel, but after it became a Bresne Congregation Church. In big altar, you can observe the painting “Kristus olīvu dārzā” (“Christ in olive garden”). This is the only wooden church in Dagda region.

Bolto kapela     St. Archangel Michael chapel was built in 1814 as branch of Dagda church. In 1993 chapel was renewed by support of people on the spot. It is a stone building located in Dagda – Bukmuiza highway aside, which was taken away from believers during Soviet Union.
Lugsanas-namins     Preaching-House is located in Andzani in Berzini Parish near the road. There everyone can find peace in their hurried and variable life.